The Office of Institutional Research and Planning reports directly to the president and works closely with senior-level administrators and deans to provide college-wide leadership and direction in the areas of strategic planning, institutional research, assessment, and effectiveness. The Office provides management information and analytical support for institutional planning and policy decision making in the College’s quest for continuous improvement. The Office thus conducts research; provides analysis; and generates, interprets, and disseminates data on student enrollment and achievement, academic programs and support services, faculty and staff, finance, facilities, and other reports on an ad hoc basis.
The Director of Institutional Research and Planning:
- Coordinates College-wide strategic planning process and monitor and assess implementation plan results.
- Participates as a key member and assists in providing information for the activities of the Strategic Planning Committee, and serves as liaison between the administration and the Strategic Planning Committee.
- Develops/Identifies and monitors the status of Key Performance Indicators, and using those indicators, measures progress toward achievement of institutional goals and strategic directions.
- Oversees the continuous development and implementation of the Institutional Effectiveness Plan by which the College measures improvement and holds itself accountable to its constituents.
- Develops and implements student learning outcomes assessment plan for the College’s General Education program and other academic majors.
- Assists academic and administrative units in the development of Outcomes Assessment Plans and monitor measures of progress towards academic goal attainment and administrative objectives.
- Coordinates the general education (CAAP) and selected major field (ETS) testing programs.
- Provides the College’s overall coordination of the University System’s benchmarking and peer institution comparative studies.
- Develops and manages a College-wide data warehousing and institutional database that will support current and future assessment and self-studies, and enable the measurement of institutional progress over time.
- Serves as the College’s Accreditation Liaison and a resource person for re-accreditation (SACS) self-studies, comprehensive program reviews, committees, individual faculty, and others on an as-needed basis.
- Develops, administers, and interprets a wide range of surveys, including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and employers of graduates to measure degree of satisfaction with College programs, goals, and services.
- Produces the College’s annual Quick Facts and Fact Book and provide institutional research data in support of reports on institutional progress.
- Maintains a Web-based institutional data as a means of coordinating and/or responding to requests for information from internal and external sources.
- Provides research and analytic consultation/assistance to College community.
- Serves as a liaison between the College and the Office of Planning and Policy Analysis for the University System.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all state and federal reporting requirements such as IPEDS.
- Works to develop supportive relationships with public and private sister institutions.
- Perform other job-related duties essential to the successful functioning of the Institutional Research office.