The campus of Dalton State College is a safe and secure environment due to the efforts of a number of departments. Public Safety has the responsibility on campus for the safety and security of students, staff, faculty and visitors. Public Safety and Campus Police is located in the Health Professions Building, Room 300.
The Public Safety Department's mission is "Working in cooperation with the Dalton State College community, we strive to provide a safe environment in which people may pursue academic and personal growth". The police department is under the direction of Chief Michael Masters, and consists of 13 sworn police officers and three dispatchers. The police officers, certified by the State of Georgia, are armed and have full arrest powers. Officers are kept abreast of current police trends and changes through training and memberships in the Georgia Chiefs Association, the East Central Georgia Traffic Network, the Georgia Campus Law Enforcement Administration Association, and the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators.
All State Certified Officers complete formal training at a police academy for certification by the Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council. All officers receive annually at least twenty(20) hours of in-service training, included but not limited to legal updates; crime prevention; firearm instruction and re-qualification; defensive tactics; baton re-certification; safety, fire, and evacuation response; C.P.R; AED and first aid.
Phone: (706) 272-4461
- Human Trafficking Notice
- For information regarding HB 280 (campus carry)
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Plant Operations
SEVERE WEATHER INFORMATION:
During severe weather such as tornados, move to the lowest level of the building along interior walls if possible away from glass windows and doors.
** Use your best judgment when driving or when outside during severe weather. Please update your personal information in Banner and sign up for the Roadrunner Alert emergency notification system to receive critical campus information. In the event of a delay or closing, students should contact their professor(s) immediately.
- Roadrunner Alert
- Records Request
- Traffic Appeals Form
- Alcohol and Drug Policy
- No Trespassing Notification Policy
- Sex Offender Information
- Safety Tips
- College Vehicle Driver Requirements
- Campus Vehicle Reservations
- Campus Parking Rules and Other Regulations
- Residence Life Safety Training
- Emergency Operations Plan 2018
- What to do in an emergency
- University System of Georgia Active Threat Instruction- Plan/Prepare/React
- What to do in an active shooter situation
- Run/Hide/Fight (Active Shooter)
- Building Evacuations - Designated Areas
- Bomb Threat Checklist
- Locations for First Aid Kits, AEDs, Weather Safe Areas
- Annual Security Report - Clery
- Campus Security Authority Reporting Form
- What is a CSA Campus Security Authority?
- Campus Security Authority Training
- Victim's Bill of Rights
- Missing Student Procedures