Dalton State Foundation Scholarships
NOTICE: Information on Foundation scholarships for the 2020 - 2021 academic year will be available on this site in October 2019.
2019 - 2020 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION:
Thanks to the generosity of our scholarship donors, the Foundation provides opportunities for Dalton State students. At the direction of the donors, awards may be based on financial need, academic merit, or a combination of both factors. Unless otherwise stated in the award criteria, Foundation scholarships require the recipient to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application and during the time of the award. Most Foundation scholarships require that recipients be enrolled full-time; however, part-time students may also apply and be considered for various awards.
FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED DALTON STATE STUDENTS:
The application deadline for currently enrolled Dalton State students was midnight on January 18, 2019.
FOR STUDY ABROAD:
The application deadline for study abroad applicants was midnight on January 18, 2019.
FOR ENTERING FRESHMEN AND DUAL ENROLLED STUDENTS:
The application deadline for entering freshmen and dual enrolled students was midnight on March 8, 2019.
- In order to be considered for scholarships, current high school seniors must be accepted to Dalton State and must have access to the Roadrunner Portal. Roadrunner Portal login credentials are found in your Dalton State acceptance letter. If you need help with your Roadrunner Portal user name or password, contact OCIS at email@example.com or 706-272-2611.
Click here to download step-by-step instructions on how to complete the scholarship application.
- The Georgia HERO (Helping Educate reservists and their Offspring) Scholarship Program provides scholarship assistance to members of the Georgia National Guard and Reservists who served in combat zones on or after May 30, 2005. The HERO Scholarship also provides scholarships for dependents of Georgia Guard and Reserve members who meet the definition above.
Students who feel they qualify for this scholarship must complete Part A of the Hero Scholarship application and submit the completed application and all requested documentation to the Dalton State Financial Aid Office. When your application is complete, the Financial Aid Office completes section B of the application and submits it to the Georgia Student Finance Commission regarding eligibility status.
Law Enforcement Personnel Dependents Grant
- Law Enforcement personnel Dependent Grants of $2,000 per year are available for dependents of Georgia law enforcement officers, firefighters, or prison guards who are totally disabled or killed in the line of duty. More information and an application are available on the gacollege411 website.
Georgia Public Safety Memorial Grant
- The Georgia Public Safety memorial Grant is available to the son or daughter of a Georgia law enforcement officer, firefighter or prison guard who was permanently disabled or killed in the line of duty. This program is funded by the Georgia Lottery for Education and covers the student's Cost of Attendance minus other aid received, including the aw Enforcement Personnel dependents Grant. More information and the application are available on the gacollege411 website.
- The Dalton State College Financial Aid Office keeps an online list of scholarship opportunities that our office has received information about. This list is updated as we receive new scholarship information, so be sure to visit the site frequently.
NEVER pay anyone to find scholarships for you. With a few hours of research, you can generally find as much, if not more, information on your own. search free national scholarship databases at www.finaid.org, www.fastweb.com, www.goodcall.com, and www.scholarshipexperts.com. Don't forget to research scholarship opportunities at Roberts Library as well.