Bandy Gym Dress Code & Facility Policies:
- Activated Roadrunner or Faculty/Staff ID required to use Bandy Gym's facilities, participate in programs, intramurals, and fitness classes.
- A waiver must be signed before participating in intramurals, programs, fitness classes, and personal training.
- Appropriate athletic apparel is required during activities in fitness area and gym floor.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Entire upper body must be covered.
- Sleeves must cover your shoulders.
- If you cut the sleeves off of a shirt, the sleeves must be cut along the sleeve stitching.
- A shirt can be no more than 4 inches below your armpit.
- No skin should touch the machines.
- Basketball players may wear basketball jerseys on gym floor.
- Yoga and Stretching/Ab type classes
- Shorts must cover your entire buttocks area.
- Must wear closed toe shoes in fitness area.
- Must wear non-marking athletic shoes on gym floor.
- No muddy shoes allowed in fitness area or gym floor.
NO bare feet allowed in fitness area or gym floor. Exceptions: Yoga and Stretching/Ab type classes.
NO jeans should be worn while using the fitness center.
NO gum, food, or drinks allowed in the fitness center or gym floor.
*Drinks must be in a sealable, spill proof plastic container.
Do you need a doctor's release: It is recommended that if you meet 2 or more of the following, you submit a Dr. Release before beginnning any fitness class:
- You're a man older than age 45 or a woman older than age 55
- You have a family history of heart disease before age 55
- You smoke or you quit smoking in the past six months
- You haven't exercised for three months or more
- You're overweight or obese
- You have high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- You have impaired glucose tolerance, also called pre-diabetes
- If you are pregnant
Spring 2019 Fitness Classes
SOME CLASSES REQUIRE PRE-REGISTRATION. SEE BELOW. |
FITNESS ATTIRE REQUIRED, TORSO & BUTTOCKS MUST BE COVERED | ROADRUNNER OR FACULTY/STAFF ID REQUIRED
Some classes are a tech free zone.
Check-in at fitness center located in Bandy Gym.
A waiver must be signed before participating in your first fitness class.
You are participating at your own risk and are responsible for what you can and cannot do.
CORE-YOGA: A fusion class mixing Yoga and Pilates for the beginner and the advanced. Experience a different kind of yoga class no matter your fitness level. You will energized, relaxed and waiting for the next class!
- Monday's, January 28th-April 8th (No class Spring Break)
- 10 classes
- Time: 5:00-5:30 pm
- Where: Bandy Gym
- Equipment: No mat. No problem. We provide.
- No pre-registration required. Drop-in on any class.
Relaxation Yoga: Move through beginning poses flowing gently from one to the other with relaxing music. This style of yoga will focus on deep breathing and light meditation as you focus on bringing the mind and body in balance. Give your mind and body a rest after a busy week. Relieve stress, anxiety, and muscle tension to begin your weekend re-energized!
- Faculty and Staff only class. No students.
- Thursday's, January 31st-March 7th
- 6 classes
- Time: 5:00-5:30 PM
- Where: Brown 105 except Feb. 7th-Bandy Gym
- Equipment: Mats are NOT provided. Bring your own.
- No pre-registration required: Drop-in on any class.
FIT in 30 and Functionally Fit classes coming after Spring Break!
More details to come.
Anne Loughren, M.S. AFAA-CPT
Assistant Director of Fitness
AFAA personal trainer and yoga instructor