Fall 2019 Fitness Classes
SOME CLASSES REQUIRE PRE-REGISTRATION. SEE BELOW. |
FITNESS ATTIRE REQUIRED, TORSO & BUTTOCKS MUST BE COVERED | ROADRUNNER OR EMPLOYEE ID REQUIRED
Some classes are a tech free zone.
Check-in at fitness center located in Bandy Gym unless otherwise specified.
A waiver must be signed before participating in your first fitness class.
You are participating at your own risk and are responsible for what you can and cannot do.
Tapped Out!: High-Intensity Interval Training fitness class. A HIIT fusion fitness class of Tabata-style, Power Yoga, & Core Burn! Warm-up: 3-5 mins. consisting fo dynamic (active) stretching. 1st HIIT: Tabata-style (4 min. workout of 4 exercises for 20 secs. each performed 2x's with 10 sec. rest periods after each 20 secs.); 2nd HIIT: Power Yoga (Approx. 10 mins. of yoga fusion consisting of yoga poses & flows with a creative touch held for reps or time; 30 secs. or longer rest after each flow or pose); 3rd HIIT: Core Burn (Approx. 6 mins. of abs and lower back exercises held for reps or time; 30 secs. or longer rest after each exercise).
- When: Monday's, October 14th-November 18th
- 6 classes
- Time: 5:00 -5:30 p.m. No late entry! Classes start on time.
- Where: Bandy Gym
- Check-in: Fitness center at Bandy Gym
- Must present Roadrunner or Employee ID every class.
- Equipment: No mat. No problem. We provide.
- No pre-registration required. Drop-in on any class.
- Fitness levels: Beginners and up. Please read disclaimer below.
- You will work at your intensity level not mine or others. You will rest more if needed. You will only perform exercises that you can do.
- Disclaimer: HIIT classes are designed to push your intensity. You are exercising at your own risk. Please be sure to check with you doctor before participating if you are 45 (men) and 55 (women) or older, pregnant, diabetic, HBP, or other major medical issues.
Slow Flow Yoga in nature: Perform poses using styles of hatha and yin yoga to relax the mind, balance the body, and reenergize yourself. In this slow flow yoga class, you will hold and flow beginning to intermediate poses incorporating deep breathing and meditation techniques.
- When: Tuesday's, October 15th, 22nd, 29th
- Where: Outside on the intramural field by the outdoor equipment
- 3 classes
- Time: 4:45-5:15 p.m. Class will begin on time, but you can drop-in late.
- Check-in: At intramural field. Sign waiver there as well.
- Yoga level: New to yoga to advance yogis. This class is for relaxation. Check with your doctor if you have back problems or are pregnant.
- Class canceled in inclement weather conditions. An email will be sent out to all DSC students and employees before class time.
Employees: You don't have to have paid the $20 campus recreation fee to attend this class.
More fitness classes to coming October 30th and Nov. 5th.
Name: Anne Loughren, M.S. AFAA-CPT, AFAA Certified Yoga Instructor
Department of Health and Wellness
Assistant Director of Fitness
DSC Personal Trainer
Location: Bandy Gymnasium
Fitness Center Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sunday: 4 - 8 p.m.
*When classes are not in session, hours will be adjusted accordingly.