Fitness Center Dress Code and Policies
- Activated Roadrunner or Faculty/Staff ID are required to use Bandy Gym's facilities, participate in programs, intramurals, and fitness classes.
- A waiver must be signed before participating in intramurals, programs, fitness classes, and personal training.
- Appropriate athletic apparel is required during activities in fitness area and gym floor.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Entire upper body must be covered.
- Sleeves must cover your shoulders.
- If you cut the sleeves off of a shirt, the sleeves must be cut along the sleeve stitching.
- A shirt can be no more than 4 inches below your armpit.
- No skin should touch the machines.
- Basketball players may wear basketball jerseys on gym floor.
- Yoga and Stretching/Ab type classes
- Shorts must cover your entire buttocks area.
- Must wear closed toe shoes in fitness area.
- Must wear non-marking athletic shoes on gym floor.
- No muddy shoes allowed in fitness area or gym floor.
NO bare feet allowed in fitness area or gym floor. Exceptions: Yoga and Stretching/Ab type classes.
NO jeans should be worn while using the fitness center.
NO gum, food, or drinks allowed in the fitness center or gym floor.
*Drinks must be in a sealable, spill proof plastic container.
Do you need a doctor's release: It is recommended that if you meet two or more of the following, you submit a doctor's release before beginning any fitness class:
- You're a man older than age 45 or a woman older than age 55
- You have a family history of heart disease before age 55
- You smoke or you quit smoking in the past six months
- You haven't exercised for three months or more
- You're overweight or obese
- You have high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- You have impaired glucose tolerance, also called pre-diabetes
- If you are pregnant