Your Best Self
Developing new healthy behaviors for new healthy habits! Learn how to change your unhealthy behaviors and form new healthy habits to lose weight, increase energy, manage stress, organize your life and more! The program is offered in many formats (presentation style, workshop style, workout style, or a combo). Small group or individual sessions are sometimes offered as well. The type of format will be mentioned with the information given below.
Wellness focuses on the mind, body, and spirit by balancing the components of wellness.
YOUR BEST SELF
Small group or individual sessions...
- Will examine barriers in your daily life hindering you from achieving your health goals.
- Will guide you in losing weight, having more energy, and feeling more confident.
- Will give you the opportunity to meet others striving to living healthier.
"Your Best Self" workshops will begin on time. No late entry. Employee and Roadrunner ID required for each workshop. Check-in at the fitness center desk. Employees do not have to have paid the $20 campus rec. fee to participate.
Registration required by emailing Anne Loughren at firstname.lastname@example.org the workshops you want to attend.
Balance Your Life workshop:
- To be a more balanced you.
- Meditation and breathing techniques.
- Mindfulness tips.
- Beginning yoga poses.
- You will perform yoga poses focused on balance, stretching, and relaxation.
- When: Wednesday, January 15th
- Time: 5:00-5:30 pm
- Where: Bandy Gym
- Equipment: Mat, but no mat...no problem, we provide. Be sure to dress in fitness type attire that is non-revealing.
Core Strong workshop:
- How to strengthen your core (chest, abs, back).
- How to properly perform core exercises.
- How to take care of your lower back.
- You will perform core strengthening and stretching exercises.
- When: Wednesday, January 22nd
- Time: 5:35-6:15 pm
- Where: Bandy Gym
- Equipment: Mat, but not mat...no problem, we provide. Be sure to dress in fitness type attire that is non-revealing.
Weight A Minute! workshop:
- Why you may not be losing weight.
- Myths about healthy eating.
- The importance of relaxation, quality of sleep, and proper exercise to you losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight.
- When: Wednesday, January 29th
- Time: 5:00-5:45 pm
- Where: Bandy Gym classroom
Name: Anne Loughren, M.S. AFAA-CPT
Department of Health and Wellness
Assistant Director of Fitness Program
DSC Personal Trainer
Location: Bandy Gymnasium
Fitness Center Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sunday: 4 - 8 p.m.
*When classes are not in session, hours will be adjusted accordingly.