Definition: student who is in 11th or 12th grade and wishes to take college courses. Complete courses would apply toward both high school and college credit.
The deadlines* for dual enrolled students to be registered for on-campus classes at Dalton State's main campus each semester are as follows. Please note that in order to register for classes, students must first be fully admitted to Dalton State. Please allow at least two weeks between completion of application file and the registration deadline.
Fall Semester - July 1
Spring Semester - December 1
Summer Semester - May 1
*Deadlines may be changed or extended as necessary. Please contact us if you have any questions about deadlines.
A dual enrollment applicant must submit the following items in order to be considered for admission:
- Application for Admission
- Official High School Transcript
- SAT/ACT Scores
- Certificate of Immunization
A dual enrollment applicant must meet ALL requirements below:
- Provide a transcript showing student is on-track for completing all high school graduation requirements and USG’s Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) AND;
- Have at least a 3.0 high school grade point average as calculated by Dalton State Office of Admission on the RHSC courses completed AND;
- Have successfully completed two units of RHSC English AND have successfully completed high school Algebra II AND;
- Meet qualifying SAT/ACT scores of:
-Minimum composite score of 20
-19 English OR 19 Reading
Satisfactory Academic Progress:
All students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to be eligible for Dual Enrollment. SAP will be determined upon acceptance and reviewed at the end of every term. SAP is defined as a minimum cumulative course completion rate of 67% and a minimum GPA of 2.0. Failure to meet SAP in any term will result in removal from the program for any future terms.
For more information, contact Hayley Cooper.
Coordinator of Dual Enrollment,
Dalton State College
650 College Drive,
Dalton, GA 30720